Tuesday, December 14, 2004

 

Ow!

In Head Start in the summer of '70, we went on several field trips. We went to a turkey farm. We went to a dairy. We went to some other variety of farm. I my own self was raised on a farm, with aforementioned cows, as well as chickens, a vegetable patch, and so on.

After several such field trips, we then took a field trip to a bakery in Fort Smith, Ark.

I was so confused. "Where's the dang field," I thought!

This was about the same time all the Head Start moms had a good belly laugh at my expense when they asked me what I was drawin' at the easel (great word) one day, when it was plainly a big green tree covered with purple spots, and I announced easefully, "a grape tree!" How embarrassing. We even had a fence row of grapes on the farm.

Thus began my love affair with words and their various meanings!

--ER

Comments:
Yes. This confirms my suspicions. Indeed.

How NOW, brown cow? OW! Wow, Sow!

POW!
 
ZOW(nds)!
 
How -- as in: How do you expect us to stay away from this here blog if you keep a writin' in in rhymes?

We will be waiting anxiously to PLOW through your scribbles as if NOW was our last moment on Earth. I might even get SOUSED and try to come up with something just as creative, but that would make you just GROUSE at my antics. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?