Friday, December 17, 2004

 

Only now

Y'all:

Only now do I know for sure that I made an A in that dang class on the Reformation, which means that I made straight A's in grad school.

That means that the honors cords that I was going to wear with hope tomorrow I can now wear in truth.

Seems silly, maybe. But it was important to me!

Here's the message from my prof, who was sort of ribbing me because she knew I was agonizing over this. It came at about 6:30 p.m. tonight:

"Mr. (ER):
Without fear of misleading any viewer, you may feel free to wear the most elaborate and elegant regalia for your graduation tomorrow. I trust your wife will be there to cheer the end of her sufferings as enthusiastic student's wife.

Merry Christmas!
(Professor Etcet Era)"


What a hoot!

And, yes, Dr. ER and B. Bird both will be present, and, hopefully, my oldest friend and my big brother, who are supposed to be makin' the drive in from eastern Oklahoma in the morning!

And therewith will this three-and-a-half-year saga end -- at least until my diploma comes in the mail, and the bound copies of my thesis come sometime in February, the receival of which will warrant comment here. :-)

--ER

Comments:
Congratulations, your honor(ee), for totin' that barge so well. You lifted that bail better 'n most.

Just don't hang yourself with them cords, by gum.
 
At this point, I'd go with hanging the smarty pants just under the mortarboard, like a fancy-schmancy do-rag. Wouldn't do-wrong that way, eh?
 
Way to go!!! :)

Have a great day tomorrow!
 
Congratulations for a wonderful journey! I'm glad you finally got the confirmation from Professor of Terror so you could wear your cords with complete satisfaction.

Will you be sending out birth announcements?
 
Now that's funny raht thar!

ER, enjoy your day of pomp and circumstance, then give me a holler if you see any FAHN women graduatin' with ya. I've got my radar detector on, but I think the dang thin's gettin' a fuzzy on me.

Oh, and know that Dr. ER and B-Bird ain' the only ones out here that's proud of ya.
 
Did you say three-and-a-half years? Doesn't seem like it's been that long. I'm very happy for you and know you deserve to wear those ropes around your neck. Well, you know what I mean...:) Congratulations, ER, you did good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?