Monday, December 27, 2004

 

Old St. (Red)Neck

A gift bottle of Old Spice and my transformation, to old fart, would've been complete.

Bird got me a Zippo. Might be my favorite present this go-round for a bunch of reasons. It was thoughtful. Bird said, "At least you can be cool when you're being gross," referrin' to the fancy cigars I smoke when I can afford 'em and the Walgreens cigars I smoke most of the time. The Zippo makes me think of Daddy. And, well, Zippos are just cool, dang it, especially if your inner child is a little redneck with a touch of pyromania. :-)

Bird's PaPa was in charge of procuring me a new pocket knife to replace the one I've been carryin' the past five or six years. It's a fine three-blade piece, by Winchester. Excellent.

Good friend of mine in Texas got me a fancy set of dominos, with the Texas flag on 'em. Very cool.

Dr. ER got me (and Bird) poker sets, and a bunch of other stuff, including the best Western ever made, "High Noon," which was a real surprise since her main gift to me was supposed to be a class ring (not yet procured) to go with my hoity-toity degree.

Lighter. Knife. Dominos. Cards and chips. Happy as can be. (And I woulda worn the Old Spice, which might be why nobody got me any!) :-)

I'm old. The dominos sealed it.

But almost everyone around me the past two days was older! Ha! Except for bird and a grown niece. Fa la la la la, la la ha ha! I am STILL one of the babies of the family.

:-)

--ER

Comments:
Poker set. I remember playing poker
with you and the guys. You put up
with the girl, I guess it had to do
with the money I lost to you. But as
I recall I did not lose all that
much to you all. Thanks for letting
me hang out.
 
Dude! I am spittin' Dickel through my nose at "real pants"! I know, but Dr. ER knows better, whatcha mean! LOLOL. :-)
A moment. For Mark. And for Steve.
--ER
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?