Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Holy Roman Cow

Done. Whupped. Tired. I should not be allowed to write or operate heavy thinkery for the rest of the day -- but here I am, writing and thinking.

My best guess is that I made 77 on my final. All I needed for an A for the course was a 68. We'll see.

My entire academic career rests largely on my answers to the following two questions:

1. From the perspective of the Holy Roman Emporer, explain the goals, objectives and obstacles encountered and overcome by participants in the Thirty Years War.

2. Outline the issues and events in the 1640s leading to the English Civil War. How did the Restoration government deal with the same types of issues?

Plus eight IDs, including "Livonian War," "Jansenism," "Ivan III," "conquest of Kazan and Astrakhan," "duke of Sully," "Uniate Church" ... and two others that I can't immediately recall.

SIGH. I was just now looking over my transcript on-line, and danged if I haven't enrolled in, and paid for, one more hour than was required for my thesis. Holy Roman crap!

--ER

Comments:
If that Holy Roman Emperor was so dang full of purpose and objectives, how come he planned the war to last 30 years? Was Halliburton involved in any of the decision-making?
 
Yes. It was called Holyburton back then.
 
They were searching for massive weapons of destruction (which later was mis-interpreted as weapons of mass destruction.) See, they thought they saw Hannibal's descendants returning over the Alps with more elephants.
Those silly descendants -- always making their war worse than the ones that went before.
 
Also, I think I know the answer to this, but are you intentionally trying to make all of your blogging entries this week rhyme?
 
Heck, Trixie, he was too "punch drunk" to know if he was a writin', much less what he was a writin'. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?