Saturday, December 04, 2004

 

Griswolding is Griswoldone!

Pant, pant. I b'lieve I worked harder today, at all levels, physical, mental and emotional, than I have in months, maybe years. But the house is lit (and I am, too, very slightly, after I accidentally spilled a little Dickel in a mug of eggnog.), the tree is up and decorated, and the house is cleaned (OK the "public areas, kitchen living room, dining room). All but a few things on a rather voluminous list of to-do's got to-done today, thanks muchly to Bird, who made a heckuva hand.

Got the third and final Reformation book read. The plan is to write the review Tuesday night-Wednesday morning. It takes me about one hour per page when I'm writing academic-school-type stuff. So, if it works out like the second book review did last Wednesday night-Thursday morning, I'll start at 7 p.m. and be done by 3 or 4 a.m.

Tomorrow, though, I've got a bit more reading to do in one of my textbooks, and I have 17 ID's to look up, write up and begin to commit to memory, for a mini test on Monday. Getting that together will take about four or five hours. Which I plan to have done by high noon. Then I will give a final tweak to book review 2, which I will turn in Monday, then I will give one final-final-final run-through to my thesis before taking it to Kinko's to have six copies made for about $300, so I get them to the various departments that need them. Egad. Then ...

The items remaining from the voluminous list of to-do's remain to be to-done! :-) Dr. ER was fairly vicious in her list-making. She included a "glossary," which began: "Clean = CLEAN." Another one was something like "Clean the kitchen means WITH CLEANING MATERIALS AND A RAG." "Sweep means WITH A BROOM, THOROUGHLY. Those are not direct quotes. But they're close! She can be a real gas, Dr. ER can.

Which reminds me: The two-way, cheeseburgers, Spanish-fried okry and bacon-cheese fries at Ron's (Mayfair Village, NW 50 and May, OKC) tonight was dang superb, since we'd all been workin' our heinies off today! :-)

--ER

Comments:
Can I borrow Bird, puleeeeeeeeeeze???
 
All's I can say is: It's about dang time you got back on track and wrote something to amuse us!
 
Okay, I'm from the exact same part of the country from you and I have no idea what you ate. I know what a cheeseburger is, but what's a two-way? And they put bacon on cheese fries now? What's the difference between Spanish fried okra and the fried okra Grannie used to make? (sigh) I've been away too long...
 
:-) A two-way is chili and spaghetti. Sorta like Chili mac, but with spaghetti. I think it's a Tulsa thing. Dr. ER knows of it, having spent some formative years there, and Ron's is based in Tulsa. A three-way is chili and beans and spaghetti. My prefenece, is chil-=spaghetti-onions-cheese. ... "Spanish-fried" okra, or "Spanish-fried" french fries, at Ron's is deep-fried okra, or fries, fried WITH chunks of onion and jalapenos. Excellent. With a Rolaids chaser. :-)
 
I am sure that Chevy is proud. I
am so glad everything is lit. I
just want some of that eggnog.
I think that would give a full
recovery..
 
My tummy hurts now.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?