Sunday, December 12, 2004

 

25 hours from now

In one day and one hour, I will be commencing my final exam in my final class for a master's degree in history. This particular class, on the Reformation, as y'all know, has been a bear.

Today I will spend chained to my notes and the dining table -- except at 2 p.m., I will watch Bedlam wrestling -- Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. University of Oklahoma (Go Cowboys!) on TV.

And sometime today I have to rake leaves in the front yard, in self defense. Stiff southwest winds last week piled the things up on the porch; I can't see the front flowerbed; and they're drifted up on top of some of our Christmas lights, and I need to rake them away before I'll be comfortable turnin' the lights on again.

But first, I have to get a good handle on the Muscovites and the Ivans, the Poles, Livonians, Swedes, the Stuarts and the Jameses, and about 40-some other members of the cast of characters and issues and events in Europe, circa 1550 to 1650 or so!

Wish me luck, and send prayers up, about 11 a.m. Monday. Three book reviews: done. Two previous essay tests: done. Two evil map tests: done. Two previous classes, six seminars and a 236-page thesis: done, done and done.

Just one more test and Dr. ER, as she says, gets her ER back!

--ER

Comments:
Don't forget to check in around 4:30 to see if Edmond's Billy Etbauer wins his fifth world title. :-)

I know Dr. ER is awfully proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself. But, alas, what's she gonna do with you when she gets you back? I'd be half-scared. :-)
 
And are you really, really, REALLY sure she wants you back? She may be used to the peace and quiet by now. We'll have to ask her.
...
...
...
(Just kidding! I know she's looking forward to this as much as you are.)
 
LOL, yes, I have always expected that he won't be able to stop, even being called "Master." He'll want to have that "Doctor" -- even if he doesn't admit it today, he will before New Year's I would bet. I have a hunch he already has a topic for his dissertation. I just pray, for you, that it isn't the Reformation! LOL! (I don't think that's a serious threat.)
 
Good luck on your final, dude! But you won't need it. You'll ace that sucker!
 
Be sure to report back! I'll be sending a prayer up for ya!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?