Monday, November 22, 2004

 

"Thematic elements"

Yo. Dr. ER says I will lose my "fan base" if I stay absent any longer so here I am I'm just whupped Too whupped to be creative Too whupped to write Too whupped to think much past immediate thoughts as they emerge Hey I hope OSU beats Tech this Saturday I'd hate to make that long drive to Lubbock and see us lose Bird was here over the weekend which makes ol' ER happy but I find I'm as sad to see her leave as I am glad to see her arrive so it's almost a wash I need a monster truck rally or a rodeo or a John Wayne movie at least after this weekend Dr. ER and Bird kept after me to go with them to see the new Bridget Jones movie and I did but only after insisting that I see the first one first so Dr. ER bought it Great chick flicks but they are chick flicks so I need a big plate of testosteroni now to get my manly groove back Sigh In three hours I will take Evil Map Test 2.0 and I'm not yet up to snuff on Europe North Africa and the Caucasus I've put off Book Review 2.0 two weekends in a row now which is true to form I work best under deadline pressure and now the pressure is on and with the thesis deefense more on that later behind me and the map test behind me soon I can concentrate on it finally which is good because Book Review 3.0 will be due in early December which will be here before I know it gotta go Dr. ER is tearing down the house in a frantic search for her car keys again again again again why don't women carry them in a pocket Oh we also saw "National Treasure" excellent flick a good mix of history car chases suspense intrigue and such Oh again "Thematic elements" what the heck does it mean when a movie includes that in the list of warnings in the deelywhopper (sp?) where they give the rating (R PG, etc.)? One of the movies warned of upcoming language nudity a brief drug reference and "thematic elements" which has to be code for something but what?

--ER

Comments:
Dude, good to hear from you!
 
Dude! I ... I ... can SEE! Evil Map Test 2.0 is in the past! Thesis deefense is in the past! ... I'd like to thank the academy, my Mama ... -- OH, wait. I'm gettin' my grad school cart before my master's degree horse. I still have two book reviews and a final ahead (and, I suppose, a possible map retest if I got a D or F on the one I took this morning, but, I think I did OK; we'll see). ... Man, this class is not a pretty sight. There are ffive of us left (I miscounted in an earlier post), me and three gals, one of whom came in cryin' this morning, and one of whom left cryin' -- over their grades. These are not freshmen; they are seniors in their last semester. I feel sorry for them. I am a perfessional note-taker, information-processor, context-finder-outer and synthesizer -- and I'm havin' hell in there. On the other hand, I'm the only doggone one in there workin' for a living, so it balances out.
 
ER IS BACK, ER IS BACK. That thunderis
noise was me doing hand stands..yea right.
glad you are back..
 
Oh yeah, your fan base was just about to stampede. *coughsurecough* Welcome back! I was figuring you were celebrating a lot after defending the thesis. I hope the rest of the semester's work goes well without taking too much out of your soul.

Thematic elements -- well, that is code, for "things you shouldn't discuss in front of the children." You know, plots like "how to kill the mobster lover before your husband finds out about the affair" or "running drugs to the neighborhood Stepford wives". Stuff like that (boy, I've been missing "Desperate Housewives.") Or ... how to pay off the prof who gives the Evil Map Tests.

Oops ... gotta go. Oprah's doing her Christmas give-away show. Can't miss THAT!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?