Tuesday, October 12, 2004

 

Without adult supervision

Look out. Bird's in her collegiate nest and Dr. ER is hittin' the road today -- the first of many trips between now and the end of the year. Expect aberrant behavior from ol' ER. I do not play well on my own. :-(

Luckily, I have more than enough homework to keep me out of trouble. But melancholia always sneaks up on me when I'm by myself.

Wait, not melancholia: "a mental disorder, often psychotic, characterized by extreme depression of spirits, brooding and anxiety." That's a little extreme!

I mean melancholy, which is a noun as well as an adjective, definition 2 in my Webster's New World Dictionary, 2d College Edition (wonderful old friend, old enough to vote): "sadness and depression of spirits; a tendency to be sad, gloomy or depressed."

Awwww, between the dogs and keepin' my nose in the books, I reckon I'll be all right.

--ER



Comments:
If I weren't a night owl, I'd buy the Dickel and be right over.
 
Welp, so far the most aberrant thing I've done is order twenty-seven dollars and twelve cents worth of barbecue brought here to the house for my supper. That'd be a slab of ribs, two corn cobettes, a pint of cole slaw, a pint of tater salad -- and a can of Pepsi, which they forgot. (urp)
(That's a couple days worth of eatin', by the way).
-- ER
 
Welp, you had me worried there for a minute. Twenty-seven bucks fer one meal is kinda pricey.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?