Saturday, October 09, 2004

 

Whupped

What a week. And I capped it by drivin' 112 miles, round trip, last night, to go to a party. Hey, Bird is in Texas, Dr. ER is in Doo-Rant, and I was left without proper adult supervision. I managed to see a mentor who now runs a tavern and stopped in another bar where Garth Brooks played for seven years in the '80s before gettin' famous.

I am headin' for the hills, to see Mama and Brudder -- just in time, I learn, for a stump burnin'. Woo hoo. It's a tad warm yet, but there's nothin' like a couple of hours starin' into a big brush fire in the fall to help ya get yer head back on straight. (The $%*#$^ hardcopy of my $%&)# thesis, and a green pen, are going with me -- green because every page is already drippin' with red, from the editing I've done so far. Grrr.)

Check out some crazy Oklahoma State fans: http://www.cowboycruisers.com/

GO POKES! And, GO BRONCHOS!

--ER

Comments:
Oh THANK HEAVENS! It's about time you picked up and got out of the house -- this ordeal was doing strange things to you.

Good luck with the green pen -- but most importantly I hope the stump-burning purifies your erudite soul.
 
Oh, I am so, so jealous. Tell everyone I said hi and drink one for me.
 
That is really to bad for you Mrs ER. I
can not imagine being married, and not longing
for the sound of my husband's voice on the
phone, or looking into his eyes to see the
expressions of the day. Laying close at night
and knowing there is no other place in the world
you feel as safe. I think sometimes
we lose what all this madness is really
about.
But every one has there own ideal of
happiness.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?