Thursday, September 30, 2004

 

Erudite Redneck basics

By The Erudite Redneck

"Ivy Dillinger" writes: "Now I wish I was an erudite redneck!!!"

Ivy, you CAN be an erudite redneck. Just leave the TV off unless it's on Booknotes, one of the C-SPANS, the news, the Andy Griffith Show or the Western Channel or NASCAR.

Read lots of books -- real books, scholarly ones with footnotes! -- and some journals like Foreign Affairs, the American Historical Association's journal, as well as Hot Rod magazine and a comic of yer choice (I perfer "Iron Man").

Drive a pickup truck, play around with a guitar and own at least one Rebel battle flag (I own a set).

And dip Copenhagen, or have fond memories of when you used to.

Oh, and you gotta love coldbeer and pork rinds. :-)

END

Comments:
Good point. I'll ask She Who Is to weigh in -- then I'll duck, then I'll ask her what she thinks. Hooha.
 
Hmm. I like pork rinds, I do read comics (X-Men rule!), I watch the Western Channel a lot, I read lots of books with footnotes (mostly physics and science) ...

BUT I don't drink beer and have never dipped. I think I'm a jack redneck.
 
Jack?
??
Or, more to the point: Do what?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?