Wednesday, August 11, 2004

 

Calf rope!

A columnist at the newspaper where I work basically "outed" me in this morning's paper. Sort of. He mentioned my first name, but not my last. But lots of people will know who he was writing about. The columnist didn't know I had decided to remain anonymous on this blog.

To anyone who is here because of seeing it mentioned in the newspaper, remember that the writing on Erudite Redneck is not journalism, so the standards of journalism, which I have worked hard to maintain in my work life for 20 years, are out the trailer house window. This is a journal of personal reflection and, so far, a place for me to share academic writing that doesn't stand a hoot in hell's chance of being published anywhere else. Hope you enjoy it.

END


Comments:
So you're out of the closet ... :)
 
Said columnist is correct. The public needs to know that you use your computer keyboard like it's a 1955 Royal typewriter. Remember this phrase: "technology is our friend."

Sincerely,
a friend who has listened to you type
 
When it comes to technology, just about any developnent since the invention of the lever makes me nervous.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?